Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Ruptured Christmas

Christmas has come and gone and the hubby was still not home.  He spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Christmas night in the hospital. 

My beautiful family voted to wait to open presents till the next night as the MD told him he could leave on the 25th or the 26th and he said he wanted to stay till the 26th because he wanted to be "sure" he would not be back.

All is well with this decision until the new hospitalist decided he would round at 5pm on the 26th.  He then told my husband he will have to be on coumadin the rest of his life...probably...and needs genetic testing!  What?????  You should have seen the hubby's text to me on this one!

Text?  huh?  don't you live at the hospital?

Well, when I can, I still have to work, eat, and sleep (thank goodness for Unisom this go round).  So, I was at home enjoying the snow and prepping for Christmas presents without my husband for my fabulously adorable Nephew E. 

So we had a partial Christmas opening without my beloved.  No worries...I emailed him multiple photos of E opening and such. He loved them.

So, the night of the 26th he had an abdominal ultrasound and a should x-ray series.  I arrive the morning of the 27th prior to work and both are clear and his INR is within therapeutic range.

While at work I receive the text I have been praying for.  "Going home, doctor released me."  I fly from DeKalb to Texarkana.  Which is about thirty minutes instead of 45 to an hour!  I was careful, I promise! 

We then park it for about an hour and a half. 

After getting him settled a friend stops by with his favorite soda and treats.  What a great man he is.  Another friend left a bottle of bubbly on our front stoop! 

My parents came as the hubs was coming down from his hospital drug high.  The hubby wanted to open gifts!  Though he was exhausted and we all did this slowly I think he enjoyed himself during that hour.  After, he collapsed in a deep sleep and is still in it.  Exactly where he should be; the dream land in his own chair, with his fireplace roaring, and his two dogs laying by his side protecting him.

Thank God for good family, friends, and sisterhoods.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment