Friday, December 21, 2012

The Rupture Saga Continues

As Christmas time is upon us my honey decided he needed to be back at the hospital to spread some good cheer.

We were up and down Wednesday night as Michael was having pain.  About every 20-30 minutes.  As I was up, I got out of the house at 6am and drove into work.  It was windy, gusts up to 60mph, so another employee and I followed each other in.  As I left the hosue he said, "don't worry about me.  I will call you later."

Normal dealio right? 

Worked and got tons done in the quite of the morning.  In the middle of a meeting he calls me.  I never take calls during meetings, but as he has been in the hospital everyone understood.  It was 10:30am.  He told me he had blood in the toilet.  I told him I would be home soon.  I leapt out of my chair and flew out of my office.

When I arrived at the house he was looking like his appendix had ruptured again.  He refused, of course, my offer to take him to the hospital.  So...I began prepping the house, dogs, and his bag.  Well, I was right again.  He then started shaking and off we went along with his temperature of 99.9%.

We got to the ER and nurse at the desk did not believe me that he had a temp as it was lower.  He started to throw up and it tasted like lemon.  Weird, huh?  Once he was actually admitted, four hours later, the nursing staff though so too.

After an awful exam he received dilauded.  Yeah!

Then a dx of C-Diff.  Ugh!

We finally got upstairs after eight hours in the hospital already.  Now fully admitted and with a dx treatment began. 

Another night of no sleep for either of us.  In just two days it will be exactly a month since his emergency surgery.

So many lessons learned about how strong our marriage is, how funny my hubby can be, how much we love each other, how much we balance each other out.  He is calm, I am not.  I am high keyed, he is a pen cap pusher.  We both like to hug and pet and pamper.  As i take care of him he is always insisting that I sit, rest, nap, sleep...etc.  Which I never do any of.

He is my world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment